Orlando Contempt of Court/Enforcement Attorney

scales of justice

When a couple has separated or a marriage has ended, court orders may be needed to govern their relationship going forward. For example, the court may order one person to pay child support, spousal support, or both. An official parenting plan or custody agreement also must be put into place and followed by both parents if children are involved.

Ideally, both parents or ex-spouses will comply with the orders that have been put into place. Unfortunately, sometimes this does not happen. When it doesn’t, an Orlando contempt of court or enforcement attorney should be consulted for help. An attorney who provides assistance with enforcement can help you to use the proper legal processes to protect the rights granted to you.

Orlando Family Team has a long track record of successfully representing clients in Central Florida who are facing enforcement issues. Our firm has helped many men and women to obtain the support they deserve and to get the time with their children they are entitled to.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora and Andrew Nickolaou, a husband-and-wife team, started this firm to offer aggressive and compassionate legal advocacy to clients, and helping our clients get their court orders enforced is a key part of what we do. Give us a call to find out more.

How can a Contempt of Court/Enforcement Attorney Help?

When a person does not follow a court order, there are serious consequences. This is true of court orders issued as part of a separation or divorce. Whether a spouse is ordered to turn over financial papers during divorce proceedings or a parent is told to pay a certain amount of support, there is no option to disobey or ignore a court order.

The methods of ensuring an order is enforced, however, differ depending upon the situation. A spouse who does not turn over financial records when ordered could be held in contempt of court, which could mean a fine or could mean incarceration until he complies with the request to turn over records.

A parent who doesn’t pay child support could be held in contempt; could have wages garnished; could have a tax-return seized; could lose a professional license; or could be jailed. A parent who refuses to comply with a custody plan could be accused of parental kidnapping.

It is the job of your attorney to help you understand which enforcement methods could be available and to work within the legal system to ask for the court and law enforcement to step in and help you protect your rights. Orlando Family Team knows the rules for enforcement and we will do everything possible to help you get what you deserve.

two people in family court arguing about divorce details

Contact Our Orlando Enforcement Attorney Today

It is important to take swift action as soon as any court order is not being followed. Contact Ophelia Bernal-Mora and Andrew Nickolaou at Orlando Family Team to find out how we can use our decades of collective legal experience and our extensive knowledge of the law to help you protect your rights.

The legal system has rules in place to ensure court orders are enforced, but it is up to you to act. Our dedicated and knowledgeable Orlando enforcement attorneys can make it simple to work within the legal system by acting on your behalf. Contact us or give us a call today to find out more about the assistance we can offer.