To our clients, visitors, and their families and friends,
We appreciate the trust you have in us and our firm, and please know we are doing absolutely everything possible to keep everything running smoothly; however, there are several variables that are not in our control, and we want to make sure you are aware as to how this could affect you and your case.
There have been several changes to courthouse procedures we work with in light of the Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) outbreak, including Seminole, Orange, Osceola, and Lake counties, from cancellations of mediations without the ability to reschedule until further notice, to complete closures of courthouses. Those that have not made announcements will surely follow suit. There are also many firms taking certain precautions, including Orlando Family Team, to ensure the health and safety of clients, staff, and their families, and we intend to do so without sacrificing our professional and legal services to our clients and peers. As we are apprised of this information, we will be in contact with you as to how it may affect you and the steps we intend to take to make sure there is as minimal a gap in the process as possible.
Like the information we receive via the Center for Disease Control (“CDC”), the World Health Organization (“W.H.O.”), the media and our local officials, the information we are receiving changes frequently, and as much as we wish we were warned of certain events with more advance notice, we are handling each bit of news received with importance and care.
If you feel the need to speak with someone at the Orlando Family Team regarding your unique case and have concerns as to how this may affect you, please do not hesitate to contact our firm. Your concerns are important to us, and we are expecting many clients, attorneys, etc. to contact us regarding same, so we will get to each of you as quickly as possible and provide you with our undivided attention related to same. We do ask, however, that if it is not urgent, to please send an email, which we are responding to in order of urgency and receipt.
With regard to how the Orlando Family Team is currently handling the health and safety of anyone in contact with our firm, we would like to share with you the steps we are taking to prevent the spread of the virus, as well as other communicable diseases such as the flu and the common cold.
Here are some of the ways we are attempting to take control over preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- If you happen to have an in-person appointment with our office, we will be practicing the recommended social distancing practices recommended by the CDC, which means that we will not be shaking hands, hugging or touching anyone.
- Please excuse us for not offering bottled water, coffee, pens, paper, and other amenities at this time if you have an in-person appointment, as this is only to reduce potential distribution or contamination. We are still sanitizing all high-traffic surfaces within the office, we just ask of this as a precaution.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our front desk, in our conference rooms, and in each restroom, and we ask that everyone please apply some to their hands thoroughly and often.
- We have signs posted in each of the restrooms with the CDC recommended handwashing method, and ask that you practice the same.
- We will be consciously disinfecting high-traffic surfaces such as door handles, tables, etc. on a regular basis.
- If you or someone you have been in contact with is experiencing symptoms of coughing, high fever and/or shortness of breath, we ask that you not come to our office and call us at 407-354-5223 to reschedule your appointment.
- If you do not feel comfortable visiting our office in person, we are happy to accommodate changing your in-person appointment to a telephonic appointment or videoconference appointment – just give us a call to make this arrangement.
- We continue to provide options for reviewing and signing documents remotely.
- We encourage current clients to access your case from home or on-the-go, 24/7, using your MyCase account. This allows you to access your case documents, calendar events, send messages to our team, upload documents, and make payments. Your MyCase account makes it easier and more convenient than ever to manage your case with our firm.
Here are some of the ways in which you can help us and others in the potential spread of COVID-19 (source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html):
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds,
especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least
60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Staying at home if you are sick except to get medical care.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash, and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a readily available hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-traffic and often-touched objects and surfaces by using disinfectant spray or wipes, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Everyone at Orlando Family Team is working diligently to continue providing our exemplary services and support to all of our clients with the utmost professionalism and urgency as best we can in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we handle this challenging and extraordinary chapter in our lives. We will continue to actively monitor recent events and changes in scheduling, courthouse closures, etc. while taking necessary precautions as recommended by the CDC. For frequently asked questions related to COVID-19, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page of the CDC’s website. Rest assured, even if quarantine is activated, Orlando Family Team is fully capable of remaining open to serve our clients via virtual and electronic means.
Please contact us with any questions at 407-354-5223 or via email at
Thank you and Stay Safe,